In its more than 15 year history, the Rural Telecommunications Congress has served to drive high-quality broadband to rural parts of America. This year’s program at the Broadband Communities Conference has a simple message: Your Rural Community Can Thrive with Better Broadband, Better Lives.
When it comes to broadband access, our organization believes passionately that Rural America cannot be left behind. We also believe that – when empowered by better broadband options – Rural America has the capability to catch fire and create economic and social benefits for the entire community.
The RTC has three core priorities:
1. Statewide broadband planning
2. Next-generation infrastructure investments
3. Educating individuals and organizations on how easy it is to effectively use broadband
Our program this year showcases this diversity of broadband enthusiasm, including planning, infrastructure and education. From our keynote presentation on the “Internet of Things” and its implications for rural and urban areas to a gathering of the key stakeholders for rural broadband advocacy, you won’t want to miss this year’s Rural Telecommunications Congress event at the Broadband Communities Summit.
• We’ll have state leaders addressing the impacts of broadband data, mapping and planning
• We’ll have exciting discussion about middle-mile and last-mile networks
• We’ll have an exclusive question and answer session with the USDA’s Rural Utilities Service Administrator
• We’ll have a leading voice at the Federal Communications Commission on changes to the Connect America Fund
• We’ll have a special “Town Hall Meeting” on the Broadband Opportunity Council Report – and what it means for Rural America.
• And more!
Here is the complete program.